Defective Products Attorney in Philadelphia
Defective Product Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of a defective or unsafe product, you may have grounds for a legal claim if you are able to demonstrate that the product was indeed defective. In order to move forward with a products liability lawsuit in Philadelphia, it is important to understand the different types of product defects. There are four primary types of product defects.
- A design defect refers to situations when products are well made but are poorly designed. One example might include a vehicle whose tires are too close together, causing it to overturn on sharp turns.
- Occupational exposure to hazardous substances or conditions can contribute to serious medical problems. One such example is exposure to asbestos.
- Manufacturing defects happen when a product is designed well but poorly made, like a piece of electrical equipment that explodes when plugged in because the wires were not properly installed.
- Marketing defects can include situations in which improper instructions were given to the consumer, or where there is no warning label telling the consumer about how to use the products safely.
A product simply being involved in injury does not necessarily mean that the product is unsafe. For example, there are plenty of car accidents across Philadelphia that lead to injuries or death but not every injury sustained in a Philadelphia car accident is associated with a defective product. Product liability claims only arise in the event that part of the vehicle was dangerous. Products liability is an extremely complex facet of the law. In addition to these general rules, there are also additional regulations and laws associated with what kinds of products are covered. If you believe you have been injured by a defective product, there may be state or federal laws associated with a potential lawsuit. It can be very complicated to decide to move forward with a products liability lawsuit.
It is strongly recommended that you consult with an experienced Philadelphia defective product attorney as soon as possible. If you have been injured by a defective product or if someone you love has died after an injury or accident with a defective product, you need an attorney right away. Some of the most important steps you can take in a situation like this are to:
- Contact my law firm immediately to discuss a Philadelphia defective product claim
- Maintain the defective product as well as any instructions, warnings, receipts or accessories
- Videotape or photograph the product at the scene of the accident as soon as possible
- Document your injuries
These cases can become extremely complex because it may involve liability claims with more than one individual such as someone who designed the product as well as the company responsible for manufacturing it. With so many elements in play, it is imperative to consult with a knowledgeable defective product attorney as soon as possible.